We are regulated by the General Dental Council.
There are nine principles registered dental professionals must keep to at all times.
As a GDC registrant one must
- Put the patients’ interest first
- Communicate effectively with patents
- Obtain valid consent
- Maintain and protect patients’ information
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interest
- Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
- Raise concerns if patents are at risk
- Make sure your personal behaviour maintains patients’ confidence in you and the dental profession.