Occupational health and safety is concerned with protecting the health and wellbeing of people engaged in work. The nature of employment and the conditions in which people work tend to affect their health consequently. It also deals with all factors that affect community health along with protecting co-workers, employers, nearby communities, customers, suppliers, family members, and other members of the public who are affected by the workplace environment.
The occupational problems that occur due to the kind of work that people perform at the workplace include the following:
- Hearing problems caused by constant exposure to noise.
- Vision problems or even blindness.
- Cuts, broken bones, or amputations.
- Sickness caused by exposure to radiation.
- Recurring motion disorders.
- Ill health caused by touching, breathing or ingesting unsafe substances.
To reduce such occupational risks, safety and prevention practices should be undertaken. Pendragon Health offer help in establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment which will facilitate optimal physical and mental health in relation to work. We also provide professional, private and confidential occupational health assessments and reports on employees for employers.